Core values of the Greeter
The Global Greeter Network is the international group of Greeters across the world, who share the same common values:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to 6 people
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
- Visitors are welcomed without any kind of discrimination: race, colour, beliefs, sex, age, sexual orientation, family status or handicap.
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and manmade environments, it brings both cultural and economical enrichment to the local communities and aims for the lasting positive image of the destination
Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange.